Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sovereign Grace

I found this quote that is actually words to an old hymn..

And so George Chadwick said at the end of the eighteenth century, "I sought the Lord and afterwards I knew He moved my soul to seek Him seeking me, it was not I that found 0 Savior true, no I was found by Thee."


I sought the Lord, and afterward I knew
He moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me.
It was not I that found, O Savior true;
No, I was found of Thee.
Thou didst reach forth Thy hand and mine enfold;
I walked and sank not on the storm vexed sea.
’Twas not so much that I on Thee took hold,
As Thou, dear Lord, on me.
I find, I walk, I love, but oh, the whole
Of love is but my answer, Lord, to Thee!
For Thou were long beforehand with my soul,
Always Thou lovest me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWm9dYugUUo

Perhaps the hymn writer was thinking of these words..

Isaiah 65:1

English Standard Version (ESV)

Judgment and Salvation

 I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me;
    I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me.
I said, “Here I am, here I am,”
    to a nation that was not called by my name.

Ésaïe 65:1

Segond 21 (SG21)

Réponse de Dieu

Je me suis laissé consulter par ceux qui ne me demandaient rien,
je me suis laissé trouver par ceux qui ne me cherchaient pas.
J'ai dit: «Me voici! Me voici!»
à une nation qui ne faisait pas appel à mon nom.



Arabic Life Application Bible (ALAB)

  «قَدْ أَعْلَنْتُ ذَاتِي لِمَنْ لَمْ يَسْأَلُوا عَنِّي، وَوَجَدَنِي مَنْ لَمْ يَطْلُبْنِي، وَقُلْتُ: هَأَنَذَا لأُمَّةٍ لَمْ تُدْعَ بِاسْمِي.

以 賽 亞 書 65:1

Chinese Union Version (Simplified) (CUVS)
 素 来 没 有 访 问 我 的 , 现 在 求 问 我 ; 没 有 寻 找 我 的 , 我 叫 他 们 遇 见 ; 没 有 称 为 我 名 下 的 , 我 对 他 们 说 : 我 在 这 里 ! 我 在 这 里 !

यशायाह 65:1

Hindi Bible: Easy-to-Read Version (ERV-HI)

परमेश्वर के बारे में सभी लोग जानेंगे

65 यहोवा कहता है, “मैंने उन लोगों को भी सहारा दिया है जो उपदेश ग्रहण करने के लिए कभी मेरे पास नहीं आये। जिन लोगों ने मुझे प्राप्त कर लिया, वे मेरी खोज में नहीं थे। मैंने एक ऐसी जाति से बात की जो मेरा नाम धारण नहीं करती थी। मैंने कहा था, ‘मैं यहाँ हूँ! मैं यहाँ हूँ!’

As I write this blog, my husband and two other men are in India; 
As the three men watched the procession of people carrying the brightly colored lifeless images of gods only of the imaginations, they are saddened.
The loud drums and louder voices cannot bring life.
As they see the darkness of the demonically inspired worship of false gods, I think of God's way of converting sinners..


Psalm 46:10 says:


English Standard Version (ESV)
10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth!”

1 Corinthians 9:16

English Standard Version (ESV)
16 For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!


If you are one of my readers and do not understand the way of God to seek and find lost sinners and bring them by way of repentance and trust in the finished work of Jesus Messiah on the cross, please write me.  I love to tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love..I love to preach the gospel. 

For the praise of His glory,
Mrs B

No comments:

Post a Comment